Nowadays, many natural oils have made their way into your skincare and hair care routine. These oils provide nutrition, nourishment, strength, and moisture to skin and hair. One of these beauty oils that work wonders for your skin, hair, and nails is castor oil. It has been used for the same over thousands of years. Known to be the ‘king of oils’, let’s see what this incredible natural ingredient offers!
Also known as Ricinus communis seed oil, it is derived from the castor bean plant native to East Africa and India. This amazing oil is an age-old remedy and elixir for supple skin and beautiful hair. It is a pale yellow liquid extract rich in antioxidants, vitamin E, proteins, and Omegas 6 and 9.
In India, castor oil is known as arandi oil. It is a great product that hydrates and moisturizes your skin. One of the oldest known oils in the country of diverse cultures, here are some amazing perks to know about it!
Benefits for Skin Care
- Great moisturizer: Castor oil is comparatively thicker in texture and rich in Ricinoleic acid, a non-saturated fatty acid, which acts as an occlusive moisturizer. When applied on the skin, it gives a lasting effect and a natural radiance that shows!
- Treats skin: Natural solutions often work amazingly well on the skin. If you are already tired of dry, itchy, and inflamed skin, it’s time to switch to this spectacular beauty essential.
- Heals acne and oily skin troubles: Rich in antioxidants and triglycerides, this oil helps treat various skin problems such as psoriasis and acne. It is also helpful in removing dust and dirt from the skin to prevent acne, blackheads, and whiteheads.
- Prevents skin infections: This oil has antimicrobial properties that help protect your skin from bacterial infections by keeping away microbes. Use a toxin-free oil that is safe for sensitive skin.
- You can massage it into your skin like a regular oil for deep hydration and a healthy glow. In winter, you can massage your skin with oil to soothe dry and irritated skin.
We recommend daily use of Mamaearth’s Castor Oil for Skin, Hair, and Nails. It is extracted using the cold-pressed method. Thus, it is free from harmful chemicals such as hexane. In addition, it is dermatologically tested and suitable for all skin types.
Benefits of Hair Care
This Mamaearth multipurpose product promotes healthy and shiny hair. It enriches your scalp with its beneficial properties. In addition, it helps in increasing blood circulation to give your tresses a luminous shine.
- Offers hydration: Tired of having dry hair woes? This oil has moisturizing benefits to help lubricate the hair shaft and helps in keeping dryness at bay.
- Enables hair repair: When your hair is dry and weak, it becomes more susceptible to breakage and internal damage. Castor oil increases flexibility and decreases the chances of hair breakage, thus accelerating hair repair processes.
- Treats dandruff: Rich in vitamin E and known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, it helps treat dandruff and mildly dry or flaky skin.
Sourced from nature, Mamaearth’s oil for hair is extracted from the best quality castor seeds without using any heat or chemicals. It also has Omega-9 fatty acids that keep your hair strong. In addition, it prevents your tresses from premature graying.
How to use castor oil in a hair care routine?
This oil nourishes your hair from roots to tips as it contains essential fatty acids. To get the best results, start by massaging oil on your scalp to boost blood circulation and soothe your dry or itchy scalp. Then, massage the oil from root to tip to nourish dry and frizzy hair. Finally, you can use it as your regular head massage oil to soothe an itchy scalp, control dandruff, and promote smooth and shiny hair.
Do you have brittle or fragile nails? Do your nails have marks on them? Consider using castor oil for nails. It strengthens thin, fragile nails and moisturizes your cuticles for beautiful-looking, strong nails.
Benefits for Nail Care Routine
- Treats brittle nails: This oil helps treat brittle nails and prevents nail fungus as it contains undecylenic acid. It keeps them soft and healthy with every application.
- Improves nail health: It also boosts the growth of fragile nails and strengthens them. In addition, the oil is rich in vitamin E, essential for a healthy nail bed.
- Hydrates nail cuticles: It moisturizes your cuticles, making it easier to push them back or cut them. You can also minimize the appearance of ridges and restore the moisture of your cuticles by applying this oil regularly.
- Reduces white spots: Most importantly, it also helps treat white spots on your nails due to vitamin deficiencies or injuries to the nail thestarsfact bed.
How to use castor oil for nail care?
For brittle or fragile nails, we recommend Mamaearth’s Castor Oil for Healthier Skin, Hair, and Nails.
- Gently massage it around your cuticles and fingertips to ensure healthier, shinier nails. Weak nails require a shield and nourishment that this oil provides. Mamaearth’s 100% Pure, Cold-Pressed Castor Oil is one bottle packed with nature’s goodness that your skin, hair, and nails need.
As you continue to take care of your skin, hair, and nails using Mamaearth’s products, it is also important to take care of your baby’s skin.
Lip care for babies is here with Mamaearth Milky Soft Baby lip balm!
Nourish your little one’s tender skin with Mamaearth’s Milky Soft Baby Lip Balm. It is enriched with Calendula, Oats, and Milk. This natural baby lips lip balm gives your baby’s lips nourishment, moisturization, and deep moisture.
Oats, one of the ingredients in the nude lipstick, have anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, it helps soothe your baby’s soft and delicate lips and provides moisturization. It also contains Calendula, which offers multiple benefits to soothe, hydrate, and nourish your baby’s lips.
Lock in moisture and keep the dryness away with the third ingredient of the lip balm – milk protein. It keeps your baby’s lips nourished and soft, reducing allergic infections on sensitive skin. This baby lips lip balm provides 12-hour moisturization and helps heal the baby’s chapped lips, making it the perfect winter companion. In addition, it does not contain harmful chemicals or toxins and is completely safe for your baby’s skin.
If you are looking for a single solution to address your skin, hair, and nail problems, consider this aforementioned castor oil. It is one of the most versatile carrier oils that doubles as a deep conditioning and moisturizing agent. It also promotes healthy eyelashes and eyebrows. The oil is suitable for all hair and skin types. It does not contain any toxins, harmful chemicals, or additives.