PRP, also known as platelet-rich plasma is a modern therapy that elevates your body’s natural healing process. It finds its applications to treat several medical conditions. It can help support wound healing in trauma and injury, address hair loss issues, stimulate new hair growth, and enhance other cosmetic procedures.
Santa Monica PRP therapy delivers advanced treatment to those having medical and aesthetic concerns. PRP therapy helps alleviate pain, rejuvenate skin, improve sexual health, and treat hair loss.
Understanding Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
PRP therapy involves extracting platelets from your blood to stimulate healing. PRP is prepared by drawing your blood sample and running it through a centrifuge machine at high speed to concentrate PRP (platelet-rich plasma).
This activated PRP concentrate is injected directly into the areas of concern. This releases growth factors that stimulate your body’s natural healing process, and increase the number of reparative cells. PRP helps you to achieve total rejuvenation.
Versatile Application of Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP)
PRP therapy is a safe and nonsurgical procedure that is versatile since it can address several health and aesthetic concerns. PRP benefits healthcare professionals when used for the following:
- Chronic pain may involve your shoulder, knee, and hip
- Foot and ankle pain
- Lower back pain
- Sacroiliitis (inflammation of the sacroiliac joint that causes severe joint pain)
- Anti-aging treatment, where PRP boosts collagen production to restore your skin’s healthy glow and youthful look
- Hair restoration, since PRP activates the dormant hair follicles and extends your hair’s growth cycle. This dramatically improves your hair texture, thickness, and strength.
- PRP vaginal revitalization, when injected directly into the clitoris and the vagina to improve function.
- PRP penis shots to improve sexual health in men
Benefits of PRP
PRP therapy is gaining momentum due to the following benefits:
- The procedure is safe and simple
- Non-invasive procedure since it does not involve any incisions or cuts
- Outpatient procedure and does not require hospitalization
- It uses your own platelets hence there is a reduced risk of side effects
- It is a painless procedure
- Provides long-lasting results
- It has versatile application
- There is little to no downtime
Platelet-rich plasma or PRP, is a revolutionary procedure that formulates platelets through your own blood sample. It consists of proteins and growth hormones that enhance your body’s natural healing mechanism. PRP helps to alleviate pain, rejuvenate your skin, improve your sexual health, and restore hair loss.
Your specialist will evaluate your concerns and determine the ideal treatment for your specific case.